Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creative Brief


 Background:
Portfolio websites are meant for presenting yourself as an artist and a professional so that you have a presence on the web. It is a way for an artist to showcase their work, display themselves and their personality, as well as provide clients and possible employers a way to contact them. I intend on using this portfolio website as a means to obtain an internship and then possibly begin my career.

Target Audience:
The target audience for my portfolio website would be possible employers, and the secondary audience would be fellow artists and designers.

Objective:
I want my target audience to feel comfortable when using my site and be able to enjoy the experience of viewing my portfolio. I want to look professional, but I also want to be able to express my personality and drive as a designer through the layout and design of my website. I want employers to look at my website and see my skills and design sense and want to hire me.

Obstacles:
I need to be carful not to over do the character and personality of the website and have it get in the way of the focus. I need to find the right balance between simplicity and creative design. I also do not want to misrepresent myself as a graphic designer and I need to make the wording and descriptions within my website clear and functional for all users.

Key Benefit:
Employers will have a better understanding of who I am and what I do as a Graphic Designer.

Tone:
The website should have character and express myself as an artist but the overall tone should be professional, which means keeping things clean, simple, and well-planned.

­­

No comments:

Post a Comment